Proper UV protection is the most important step in any skincare routine year-round, but especially during the summer when the days are longer and you inevitably spend more time in the sun.
Wearing sunscreen is one of the best and easiest ways to protect your skin’s appearance and health at any age. Used regularly, sunscreen helps prevent sunburn, skin cancer and pre-mature aging.
Learn about our best-selling EltaMD Sunscreens!
EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46
An oil-free facial sunscreen for skin types prone to acne, rosacea and
EltaMD UV Clear helps calm and protect sensitive skin types prone to discolouration and breakouts associated with acne and rosacea. It's formulated with 5% niacinamide (vitamin B3) to help reduce the appearance of blemishes, discolouration, and photo-damage. Ideal for daily use for various skin types, EltaMD UV Clear is extremely lightweight and contributes to maintaining smooth, clean, clear skin. It works well alone or under makeup. Available in tinted and untinted formulas.
EltaMD UV Daily SPF 46
A moisturizing facial sunscreen for normal, combination and post-procedure
EltaMD UV Daily is a sheer, lightweight moisturizing sunscreen. It is formulated with hyaluronic acid to boost moisture retention and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This lightweight moisturizer with UV protection can be worn alone or under makeup. Available in tinted and untinted formulas.
EltaMD UV Sport SPF 50
EltaMD UV Sport is specially formulated for active lifestyles. It's great for swimmers, runners, golfers and other athletes - or for those who just love to be outdoors! UV Sport is water-resistant (80 minutes) that will not rinse off in water or drip into your eyes. Ideal for use by outdoor athletes and children.
Tips to Remember:
- No matter the SPF, reapplication every two hours is key. The best practise is to apply 30 minutes before venturing outside to allow the sunscreen to bind to your skin.
- Sunscreen must also be reapplied immediately after swimming or sweating.
- Apply sunscreen as the last step in your skincare routine
- Apply Sunscreen even when it’s cloudy, up to 80 percent of the sun’s UV radiation reaches the earth. Going unprotected on an overcast day can lead to skin damage.
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10am-2pm
- Seek the shade whenever possible, wear sun-safe clothing, a wide-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses, for a complete sun safety strategy.
When in doubt, always wear sunscreen!
If you have visited Distinct Medical Aesthetics, please kindly leave us a review here. We would love to hear how your experience was with us!