What is a V Carbon Peel?
- Charcoal (carbon) is a natural, purifying substance that has been used to treat numerous ailments since ancient times.
- Purges impurities by absorbing toxins.
How does it work?
Activated charcoal draws bacteria, poisons, chemicals, dirt and other micro-particles to the surface of skin, helping you to achieve a flawless complexion and fight acne.
The treatment is gently applied to the skin, left in place to take effect for up to 20 minutes.
This treatment is topical and does not use light energy or lasers.
Some individuals may experience minor tingling when the carbon is applied during the treatment. There is no pain and no downtime.
What is it used for?
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Tightens dilated pores
- Stimulates collagen
- Improves skin texture
- Reduces acne scars and post-acne discoloration
- Clears pores to reduce blackheads and whiteheads
- Lifting effect
- Removes dead skin cells from the superficial epidermal layer
For continued optimal skin health, we recommend regular treatments. The V Carbon peel is great way to prepare your skin for other aesthetic treatments to maximize their effectiveness. Ask you care provider how.
How to prepare for your V Carbon Peel?
- Stop using any skincare products containing Retinol/Retin A one week before
- Let your care provider know if you are using Accutane (Isotretinoin)
- Avoid other aggressive or abrasive skincare products, peels, exfoliants, or masks for 48 hours before
What to do after your Carbon Peel Treatment?
To extend the benefits of your treatment:
- Avoid the sun, and be sure wear sunscreen everyday, reapply regularly if you are spending time outdoors.
- Avoid extreme heat (sauna, steam, tanning beds, etc)
- Avoid any aggressive or abrasive skincare, peels, or other treatments for one week
If you have any questions or concerns following your treatment, please contact us:
Distinct Medical Aesthetics is proud to serve our clients in Oakville, Burlington, Mississauga, Hamilton, Toronto and throughout the Greater Toronto Area!