What is a Chemical Peel?
Medical grade specialized skin treatments reveal fresh and glowing skin, naturally boosting your collagen and increase the skin’s glow and vibrancy.
How does it work?
Medical grade chemical peels aim to remove the old, dead layers of the skin, revealing fresh, healthy underlying cells. A skin analysis will be performed by your care provider to determine the best options for your treatment based on your skin type, skin conditions and individual concerns.
We will apply a formula designed to optimize the skin’s health from the surfaces layers into the deeper layers for optimal results. This process involves cleansing, exfoliating and treating individualized concerns.
What is it used for?
It can be used for a variety of conditions, including:
- Fine lines
- Sun damage
Our peels can:
- Help to create a more-even skin tone
- Tighten pores
- reduce acne
- Improve skin texture
- Improve hydration and luminescence
For continued optimal skin health, we recommend regular treatments. A chemical peel is a great way to prepare your skin for other aesthetic treatments to maximize their effectiveness. Ask you care provider how.
How to prepare for your Chemical Peel?
- Stop using any skincare products containing Retinol/Retin A one week before
- Let your care provider know if you are using Accutane (Isotretinoin)
- Avoid other aggressive or abrasive skincare products, peels, exfoliants, or masks for 48 hours before
What to do after your Chemical Peel Treatment?
To maximize the benefits of your treatment:
- Avoid the sun, and be sure wear sunscreen everyday, reapply regularly if you are spending time outdoors.
- Avoid extreme heat (sauna, steam, tanning beds, etc) for 48 hours
- Moisturize and hydrate: peels can temporarily compromise your skin’s protective barrier, it’s important to reinforce that barrier with a moisturizer. Drinking more water can help to avoid dehydration, which could make your skin feel tight.
- Avoid any aggressive or abrasive skincare, peels, or other treatments for one week- resist retinols for one week.
If you have any questions or concerns following your treatment, please contact us:
Distinct Medical Aesthetics is proud to serve our clients in Oakville, Burlington, Mississauga, Hamilton, Toronto and throughout the Greater Toronto Area!