What is Silhouette InstaLift®?
Silhouette InstaLift® (also known as thread lifts) is a non-surgical dual-action cosmetic rejuvenation device that’s minimally invasive. Using innovative micro-suspension technology, our providers are able to instantly lift aging skin in the mid and lower face area and gradually renew the body’s natural collagen for a visibly more youthful appearance. The procedure takes only 45 minutes and requires minimal downtime for results that last up to 2 full years.
How does it work?
Silhouette InstaLift® is an absorbable suture placed in the subcutaneous layer of the skin to reposition the lower and mid-face tissue to immediately lift sagging skin and gradually restore volume loss. Silhouette InstaLift® is designed with bi-directional cones to capture, lift and anchor sagging skin in an elevated position.
The Superior cones provide anchoring and support to the suture while Inferior cones support mobile tissue suspension in an elevated position.
What is it made of?
Silhouette InstaLift® is composed of poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) (similar composition to Sculptra) and glycolide polymer (PLGA). It is a well known medical material that has a long history of medical use- more than 40 years.
It is biocompatible and biodegradable. It is known to stimulate collagen in facial aesthetics.
Who is a candidate?
The ideal candidate for an Silhouette InstaLift® thread lifts
- 30 – 65years old
- Thicker skin with good degree of subcutaneous tissue
- Movable tissue, easily mobilized
- Realistic expectations: moderate lift approximately 1cm
- Mild to moderate skin laxity
- Men seeking facial rejuvenation but wanting to prevent hair distortion
- Those who may have contraindication to surgery such as vascular compromise and impaired wound healing due to diabetes, hypertension, or tobacco use.
What are the risks?
Potential Side Effects and Complications:
- Patients may experience a local mild acute inflammatory tissue reaction. Symptoms include minor pain, swelling and bruising. Edema Resolves in 24/48 hours. Appearance of slightly over corrected look usually resolves within 24/48 hours.
- Transient rippling or dimple formation- Absorbable suspension sutures are not prone to splitting, and any reported dimpling or palpability is due to superficial placement of the cones and improper technique
- Sensory or motor nerve injury
- Asymmetry- may require additional correction
- Palpable and/or visible thread ends/ knots/ cones
Distinct Medical Aesthetics is proud to serve our clients in Oakville, Burlington, Mississauga, Hamilton, Toronto and throughout the Greater Toronto Area!