What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a form of collagen-induction therapy. This type of collagen induction therapy is a non-surgical minimally invasive treatment for signs of aging and scarring. It triggers a natural healing response, boosting collagen, stimulating blood flow, and creating temporary channels for penetration of medical-grade products to reach the deeper layers of the skin.
At Distinct, we use the Eclipse MicroPen®, an advanced medical-grade automated micro-needling device. This specialty device allows our professionals to select the perfect depth in fractions of millimetres for each patient’s skin type and condition to achieve the best results.
How does it work?
Treatments are targeted to areas of concern using the Eclipse MicroPen®. We can treat the face, neck or body based on your individual concerns.
This treatment is safe for most skin types with minimal discomfort and minimal downtime.
Tiny needles from the Micropen penetrate the top layers of the skin to stimulate the dermis where collagen is produced. The tiny holes serve as micro injuries, triggering the body’s natural healing response, including growth factors to stimulating blood flow and increased collagen production. The surface skin heals quickly (usually within 24 hours). The enhanced collagen production continues for many weeks. As a result, skin looks younger, healthier, and more resilient.
This treatment can be used for the treatment of:
- ﬁne lines
- acne scars
- skin texture concerns
- evening skin tone
- enhance skin elasticity
- tightening/minimizing the appearance of pores
Ask us about a variety of add on that can enhance your treatment.
We use a variety of methods to reduce any unpleasant sensation during your treatment. There may be mild tenderness, redness and irritation following your treatment which may last from a few hours to a few days depending on the depth of your treatment.
It is important to protect your skin from the sun following your treatment, and avoid any cosmetics for the first 24 hours.
How to prepare for your Microneedling Treatment?
- Stop using any skincare products containing Retinol/Retin A one week before
- Let your care provider know if you are using Accutane (Isotretinoin)
- Avoid other aggressive or abrasive skincare products, peels, exfoliants, or masks for 48 hours before
What to do after your Microneedling Treatment?
To maximize the benefits of your treatment:
- Avoid the sun, and be sure wear sunscreen everyday, reapply regularly if you are spending time outdoors.
- Avoid extreme heat (sauna, steam, tanning beds, etc) for the next 48 hours
- Moisturize and hydrate: microneedling can temporarily compromise your skin’s protective barrier, it’s important to reinforce that barrier with a moisturizer. Ask your care provider for the skincare that is optimal for you. Drinking more water can help to avoid dehydration, which could make your skin feel tight.
- Avoid any aggressive or abrasive skincare, peels, or other treatments for one week- resist retinols for one week.