What are Skin Boosters?
Skin boosters are the perfect treatment for the individual who wants to improve the tone, texture and hydration of their skin without adding volume.
Skin boosters are made from hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in your own tissues. It is an injectable treatment that rejuvenates fine lines and crepiness of the skin.
How do they work?
Collagen and elastin provide firmness and support to the skin. They are gradually reduced as we age, resulting in thinning and sagging in the skin.
Restylane® Skin boosters are a hyaluronic acid product that is injected just under the surface of the skin in tiny droplets that spread out, stimulating collagen and elastin, improving the quality of the skin and providing deep hydration.
Restylane® Skin boosters are used to improve skin texture, sagging, fine lines, wrinkles and acne scars. They can be used in the delicate areas around the mouth, eyes, as well as, the jowls, neck, décolleté and hands. The results are smoother, firmer, brighter and more hydrated skin.
Skin boosters can be combined with other treatments and injectables to achieve optimal results. For optimal results, we recommend 3 sessions, spaced 3-4 weeks apart, with maintenance treatments once or twice a year to extend the results.
The treatment is gentle and brief, involving a series of injections to treat the areas of concern. We use various methods to reduce any discomfort that may be experienced during the treatment.
What are the risks?
Potential Side Effects and Complications:
- You may experience minor and temporary redness, swelling, tenderness, and or bruising may be experienced in the treatment area. Any bruising that occurs can easily be hidden with makeup and typically resolves within a few days.
- We advise you to avoid extreme heat and strenuous physical activity for a day or so following your treatment, but otherwise you can return to your usual activities.
What to expect after your Skin Booster Treatment:
Please follow these instructions after each Skin booster treatment:
- You may notice some minor swelling, bruising, and/or redness at the injection site. This typically resolves within 2-3 days. Cool/cold compresses may be used immediately after the treatment to reduce swelling.
- Avoid applying makeup to the treated area for at least 4 hours following treatment.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity/workouts for 24 hours following your treatment. Avoid facial massages, facials, laser or light-based therapy for 2 weeks.
- Until the redness and swelling have completely resolved, avoid exposure of the area to intense heat (sauna, hot tub, sunlamp, sunbathing).
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that any stimulation of the area could contribute to another occurrence. If you are predisposed to cold sores, you will be provided with a prescription for an anti-viral medication to help prevent the risk of a breakout.
- Avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s Wort, or high-doses of Omega 3, Vitamin E, or Turmeric. These agents may increase bruising and or bleeding at the injection site.
- If you experience any red, warm, or itchy skin, contact the office directly.
*** If you experience extreme pain, mottled (red/white blotches) skin or darkening (grey or dusky blue) skin that doesn’t look like bruising, you need to contact the office directly