dermamelan® is a prescription level skin depigmentation treatment system that efficiently and progressively eliminates spots by acting on the accumulation of pigment in the skin and on the root of the problem, providing a comprehensive and long-lasting outcome.
How does it work?
The treatment consists of a mask applied in-clinic which is worn home plus a 4 month at home maintenance program.
Dermamelan both lifts existing pigment and suppresses melanin production. The mask facilitates a process to lift melanin deposits deep in the skin (brown spots, melasma). This is achieved through an intense exfoliative peeling process combined with the inhibition of tyrosinase, an enzyme which is responsible for production of melanin pigment in the skin.
Tyrosinase activity is stimulated by the sun therefore careful use of sunblock and sun avoidance where possible is critical to maintaining results. Regular use of tyrosinase suppressing agents (Dermamelan maintenance cream) is required in the 4 months after the mask.
Because treatment with Dermamelan does not involve heat, it is ideal for treating stubborn hyperpigmentation such as melasma in individuals who are not candidates for laser.
Before and After a dermamelan treatment for Melasma
What are the Benefits?
- Rapid lightening action (results within 1-2 weeks)
- Suitable for all skin types
- Can be used any season of the year: even in summer (if you are not tanned), followed by consistent use of sunblock to maintain results and guarantee treatment effectiveness
- Good tolerance, all skin phototypes: All Dermamelan formulas have been rigorously prepared to guarantee maximum tolerance. Safe for all phototypes and cases
- Lightening and luminosity: Formulated to improve skin luminosity in addition to its depigmentation action
- Little downtime: The treatment provides no discomfort and is perfectly compatible with normal life in subsequent days
Book a complimentary consultation with Sheridan to learn more about Dermamelan and find out if you’re a good candidate for this treatment!
We want to hear about your experience!
If you have visited Distinct Medical Aesthetics, please kindly leave us a review here. We would love to hear how your experience was with us!